Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Implementing a Technology-based change

Hello everybody,

The issues I mentioned before are about the teachers. They concentrate only on transferring knowledge to students, not skills not attitudes.They don't know how to use technology in teaching. They don not address the national standards. I think they need two things:
1- a training to raise their awareness concerning KSA
2- a training in how to use technology in teaching. They should be shown how important it is in this century and how enjoyable it also is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,AHmed

    What you say about teachers is quite true. Most teachers in my countries are alike. They do not consider the learner as an active learner, but rather as an empty vessel they put everything they want in. This idea of the learner is an obstacle to finding efficient way to make learning effective. If a change in attitude toward the learner in made, the learner will always show poor performance in language.

    One way to achieve this expected change is, as you say, 'raise their awareness of KSA and train them in incorporating technology in their teaching.' I think it could be possible with young teachers, but with old teachers it will take some doing because breaking away from deep-rooted teaching habits and philosophy is very difficult and painful. I remained convinced that perseverance and tact with these kinds of teachers could eventually make them change for the better.

    Wishes,

    Bruno

    ReplyDelete